EQC2020 Division 2 will have 24 teams attending. Games will be played over two days, with a total of 96 games over the course of the tournament. This guarantees 8 games for each team, split into 4 games per day.
This gameplay format has been made to guarantee all teams have an equal amount of games and get to play against teams of all levels at the event, giving the best possible game experience to the players, volunteers, and spectators.
Teams will be drawn into groups, based on this seeding released by Quidditch Europe.
Teams from the same country will not end up in the same group.
|Seed 1||Seed 2||Unseeded||Unseeded|
|Bielefelder Basilisken (DEU)||Aarhus Owls (DNK)||Aemona Argonauts (SVN)||Prague Pegasus (CZE)|
|Green-Tauros Torino (ITA)||London QC B (GBR)||Basel Basilisks (CHE)||Pressburg Phantoms (SVK)|
|Looping Lux Leipzig (DEU)||Lumos Compostela (ESP)||Brno Banshees (CZE)||Rotterdam Ravens (NLD)|
|Malaka Vikings (ESP)||Turicum Thunderbirds (CHE)||Gasteiz Gamusins (ESP)||Siena Ghibellines (ITA)|
|Olympians (GBR)||Twentse Thestrals (NLD)||Hippogriffs Firsts (GBR)||Southampton QC (GBR)|
|Oxford Mammoths (GBR)||Warsaw Mermaids (POL)||Kraków Dragons (POL)||Vienna Vanguards (AUT)|
Phase 1 – Round Robin
The Group Stage will be split into 2 phases.
Phase 1 will have a regular group round-robin, in which teams will play against the other teams in their group. There will be 6 groups of 4.
- Number of games won
- Number of games won, out of snitch range. If a game goes to overtime, it is automatically counted as an “in-range” game.
- Total point differential, capped at 90 per game.
- Total point differential, but only counting points scored before 18 minutes of game time per game, not capped
- Coin toss
Phase 2 – Intraflight Games
Phase 2 will determine the ranking to go into the bracket.
Each group is going into flights based on ranking in their group.
A team will be ranked compared to other teams in their flight based on the tiebreakers of Phase 1.
Phase 2 will be played over both days. Round 1 being played at the end of Day 1. Round 2 being played at the beginning of Day 2.
The games within the each flight will be played as follows:
|Round 1||Ranking after Round 1|
|Game 1: #1 vs #2|
Game 2: #3 vs #4
Game 3: #5 vs #6
|#1 – Winner Game 1 |
#2 – Winner Game 2
#3 – Winner Game 3
#4 – Loser Game 1
#5 – Loser Game 2
#6 – Loser Game 3
|Round 2||Ranking after Phase 2|
|Game 4: W1 vs W2|
Game 5: W3 vs L1
Game 6: L2 vs L3
|#1: Winner Game 4|
#2: Loser Game 4 or Winner Game 5*
#3: Loser Game 4 or Winner Game 5*
#4: Loser Game 5 or Winner Game 6*
#5: Loser Game 5 or Winner Game 6*
#6: Loser Game 6
* based on “Strength of Schedule”
Game i < Game k, for i < k within each round
i.e. Game 1 > Game 2 > Game 3 & Game 4 > Game 5 > Game 6
Phase 3 – Bracket
Phase 3 is a bracket phase. The bracket will be split into 3 sub-brackets of 8 teams.
- All 6 teams of the “top flight” will qualify for the Upper Bracket
- The top 2 teams from the “upper middle flight” will qualify for the Upper Bracket
- The bottom 4 of the “upper middle flight” will qualify for the Middle Bracket.
- The top 4 of the “lower middle flight” will qualify for the Middle Bracket.
- All 6 teams of the “bottom flight” will qualify for the Lower Bracket
- The bottom 2 teams of the “lower middle flight” will qualify for the Lower Bracket